Equipment rental is only for commercial use, for established businesses or organisations, with at least 2 years in business.
It suits some businesses to hire equipment and pay a monthly rental instead of buying the equipment and owning it yourself. At the end you hand the goods back and let the rental company worry about disposal of the asset . You are free to then rent replacement equipment. In some cases the rental company may give you the opportunity to buy the equipment from them at a significantly reduced price.
These types of rental arrangements are tax effective and worthy of consideration. You should of course seek advice from your tax planner or accountant, before you consider these types of arrangements.
- Some of the types of equipment than can be rented are :
- Cleaning equipment (machines)
- Dental equipment
- Earthmoving equipment
- Forklifts and materials handling
- Gaming and Poker machines
- GPS tracking equipment (subject to prior approval of supplier)
- Laboratory equipment
- Medical and ophthalmic equipment
- Office equipment
- Plasma and audio visual
- Printing equipment
- Security equipment
- Telephone systems. Should you need an alternative to buying equipment, you may like to consider renting.
If you require further information, please give us a ring on 1300 559 974 or complete the Online Enquiry Form.